Red Hot Tips for Bushfire Risk
Update from State Fire Management Council. Minister Shelton, Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Management, has announced the enhanced Red Hot Tips Program. Red Hot Tips aims to educate, engage, and support farmers and rural landholders to actively manage their bushfire risk, while encouraging collaborative, practical vegetation fire management and ecological sustainability.
Facilitators will work with farmers and rural landholders to provide:
- practical advice on effective bushfire management planning;
- guidance on developing fuel reduction burn plans;
- opportunities for private and public landholders to work together on training and mentoring;
- assistance identifying resources needed for planned fuel reduction burning;
- advice on alternative fuel reduction treatments; and
- access to helpful resources like the SFMC booklet.
Facilitators will start working with landholders in August 2020.
The Coordinator for the Red Hot Tip Program is being advertised this week on the www.jobs.tas.gov.au, in the major Tasmanian newspapers, on Seek and NRM jobs. Also keep an eye out for three regional Facilitator positions in the coming weeks.
View the full MEDIA RELEASE HERE.