Premier's Trade Mission - Japan
The CEO of Private Forests Tasmania, Penny Wells, recently participated in the Premier’s Trade Mission to Japan, in March 2019. One of the main items of focus for the Trade Mission was the resources sector – including forestry, mining and bioenergy.
In line with Private Forests Tasmania’s statutory function “to foster competitive markets”, the Trade Mission provided on opportunity for PFT to:
- strengthen its understanding of one of Tasmania’s key trading partners in the forestry sector,
- support participating forest entities by reinforcing key messages from the Tasmanian Government – via a presentation at a forest industry dinner, and through support at individual business/investor meetings where requested,
- reaffirm and continue to raise the profile of the quality, stability and sustainability of the private forestry resource in Tasmania,
- convey the Tasmanian Government’s recent announcements regarding Macquarie Wharf and rail transport upgrades, to the Japanese market, and
- support the Tasmanian Government in its presentations and meetings with Japanese Government Ministries.
The speech notes and background presentation given by Penny Wells at the Forestry Presentation Dinner in Tokyo can be found here.