Bushfire recovery information and support available
Bushfire recovery information and support available in-person and online.
Tasmanians impacted by the current bushfires are invited to information and support sessions being delivered by the Bushfire Recovery Taskforce, in collaboration wit the Central Highlands and Huon Valley Councils.
No appointments are necessary at the sessions, which will provide access to services and advice from organisations including Red Cross, Insurance Council of Australia, Centrelink, Businesss Tasmania and Council of Churches.
Information about the sessions and other recovery support is now available via the TasRECOVERY website and social media - The Tasmanian Government's official recovery information sources:
Scheduled sessions are:
- MIENA: Miena Community Centre, 55-57 Cider Gum Road - Wednesday 20 February, 10am - 4pm
- BRONTE PARK: Unite 5, Highland Cabins and Cottages, Marlborough Highway - Thursday 21 February, 10am - 4pm
- BOTHWELL: Bothwell SpinIN, Market Place - Friday 1 March
- HAMILTON: Hamilton Show, Hamilton Recreation Grounds, 5595 Lyell Highway - Saturday 2 March
- HUONVILLE: Huonvillle Information and Services Hub, 121 Huon Hwy (cnr Walton St) - Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (starting Monday 18 February), 10 am - 5pm
- DOVER: Esperance Multipurpose Health Centre, Chapman Avenue - Tuesday 19 and 26 February, 12:30pm -5pm
- GEEVESTON: Geeveston Community Hall, Brady Street - Thursday 21 and 28 February, 12pm - 5pm
For more information about the information and support sessions, or for any queries about the current bushfires, please call the Bushfire Recovery Taskforce on 1800 567 567 or email email@example.com